With COVID raging out of control and uncertainty fueling the fire, our feelings have morphed into the gear of overwhelm. A health worker says he feels like he is treading water 20 feet under.
However, fear is the largest contagion that we are confronted with. The onslaught of repetitive 24/7 cable news does not help matters. The reporting of cable news now borders on sensationalism.
So how do you rise above the trauma to find an inkling of peace in the chaos we find ourselves emerged in? There is a way.
The one thing each of us has is the ability to control our mind. Below are 7 steps that will help you to feel less fearful:
- Find a quiet place to sit still.
- Take slow and deep breaths.
- Picture yourself in a calm and serene setting.
- Release all troubling thoughts into the universe.
- Ask for help in any area that upsets or bothers you.
- Know that you are heard and solutions will take place.
- Give thanks.
What we focus on grows. Slowing down and turning away from the world is our shelter and refuge from the storms of life. It’s where we give ourselves times to renew and reenergize.
It’s where we find peace, then take it back into the world.